Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Wildlife (Protecting Endangered UK Wildlife)
It’s a sad fact that the population of some animals found in the UK are in decline. A study undertaken in the 1950s estimated that there were roughly 30 million hedgehogs at that time however, by the 1990s, this figure had dropped to around 1.5 million and the population still continues to dwindle. For our children to continue to enjoy the British wildlife that we’re so used to seeing around us, we have to help to protect these animals sooner rather than later.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- ‘Endangered’ means an animal which may become extinct if we don’t protect and help to save it.
- Which UK animals are endangered like hedgehogs, bees, red squirrels, newts and more.
- Ways in which we could protect or encourage wildlife to live in our gardens and environment.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Research together which animals in the UK are most endangered and look at ways of protecting or encouraging these to live in your garden if you can.
- Build a hedgehog shelter, beehive, insect hotel with your child and observe the animals that come and go in the garden.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about the importance of bees and how they pollinate the flowers on our fruit and vegetables allowing us to grow food to eat.
- Encourage your child to value all wildlife and to understand that harming, handling or disturbing animals may cause them to bite, scratch or sting.
- Take part in the UK wildlife surveys together, look at nature and know that you’re playing your part in identifying and locating the population of animals that are part of our wildlife heritage.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson