Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Wildlife (Being Safe Around UK Wildlife)
We have been looking at how to behave around wild animals that live in the UK and to appreciate the wildlife around us. Our wildlife is amazing and varied but we need to have respect for nature.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Names of animals that are commonly found in the wild in the UK.
- The dangers that UK wildlife might present if they’re disturbed or afraid for example wasp stings or adder bites.
- They have learned what to do if they’re bitten or stung by wildlife in the UK.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Take your child into the garden, the woods, the park or the zoo and point out and name the wildlife you see in the UK.
- Talk about the dangers of disturbing, handling or aggravating wildlife and the possible consequences of this.
- Remind your child to share with an adult if they’ve been bitten or stung by any animal.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Most wildlife in the UK is harmless however, we still need to be aware that some stings or bites may cause unexpected reactions or allergies.
- Encourage your child to tell an adult if they’ve been bitten or stung and then watch them closely for any adverse reactions.
- If you’re concerned about any reaction from a bite or sting, get medical help or advice as soon as possible to be safe.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson