Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Where Does My Food Come From? (The Journey Of Our Food)
It’s astonishing that many children don’t think about where the food they see in the supermarkets or shops comes from. How many of them look at the label to see which countries fruit and vegetables come from and how many ask how they grow? Much of our food is imported and we need to educate our children about where our food is grown and how it gets to our shops. This will help them to make informed choices about feeding the generations to come in the UK.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Where we buy our food for example, supermarkets, local shops and markets.
- The production and journey of a banana from field to our table.
- How consumers in our country tend to prefer fruits and vegetables which look good, are the right shape and size.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about what they’ve learned about the journey of a banana and what they think about the cost, distance and production of this popular fruit.
- When you go shopping, take a look at the labels on fruit and vegetables and talk about where these countries are and how far the food has come to be in the supermarket.
- Explain that some food choices may be cheaper because of the amounts that the supermarkets can buy in but talk to your child about whether it might be better to buy food produced in the UK rather than cheaper, imported products.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson