Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Water Safety (What To Do In Water Emergencies)
Playing in and around water can be good fun but knowing what to do if we suddenly find ourselves in deep or cold water is important if we’re to get out safely. Adults are wholly responsible for accompanying children in water and for keeping them safe but if an emergency does arise, at least our children may have an idea about what to do.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child about how to stay calm if they’re suddenly out of their depth or in cold water – Lie on your back and float, take deep breaths and count to 30 before trying to swim back to safety or calling out for help and raising one arm.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Practise what to do in an emergency together at the swimming pool.
- If your child sees someone in danger in the water, teach them to always get an adult, they must never try and help.
- Always use a lifeguarded beach or somewhere with liferings and explain how to use them.
- Explain that they should be wearing buoyancy aids or arm bands in water to stay safe.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson