Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
The NHS (What Is The NHS?)
The NHS is one of our biggest employers and is an organisation that many people in the UK are proud of. Along with the complaints about long waiting lists, hospital cleanliness, staff shortages and the time it takes to get an appointment with a GP, comes an understanding of what life would be like for us if we had no NHS to turn to in times of emergency. This organisation is praised as much as it’s complained about and condemned as much as it’s complimented. The truth is that we rely on the NHS throughout our lives and need to appreciate and support it so it’s around for future generations to use.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- The NHS is The National Health Service which was formed in 1948 after the Second World War to be ‘a comprehensive, universal and free at the point of delivery service, for people living in the UK’.
- Some services like medical care, eye tests and glasses are free or discounted for children.
- That other countries usually ask their citizens to pay for their emergency and medical care after treatment.
- How our taxes help to fund the NHS.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about how other countries usually pay for their medical care and look at whether you and your family use the services that the NHS provide for free like eye tests and hearing tests for children.
- Talk about the times when you or your family have used the NHS and why.
- Talk about where your nearest NHS hospital, clinic and surgeries are.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson