Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
The Digital World (Netiquette And Safety Online)
The Digital World has offered us many ways to communicate with each other. Some platforms have age restrictions, some have user rules and some have word limits for messages. Most of us know what etiquette rules are when we speak to people face to face, on the phone or for the first time but can we say that we know and stick to these rules when we’re using technology? Our children need to know that the sentiments of courtesy, respect, politeness and honesty still apply when we communicate using technology and that rules to keep us safe online should be followed too.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- ‘Digital etiquette’/’netiquette’ means treating others in a way that you would want to be treated online and whenever using digital technology.
- Keeping positive and truthful, being kind about others, not overdramatising and double checking everything before we press ‘SEND’.
- Knowing about the age limits placed on social media sites and to understand why these age limits apply.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child about what they understand about ‘netiquette’.
- Talk to your child about their experiences online or digitally to find out whether they’re using ‘netiquette’ and whether others are using ‘netiquette’ when they contact your child.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about the social media sites that they use and check that these are age appropriate.
- Remind them why there are have age limits in place.
- Have discussions about what they could do if they were being made to feel uncomfortable, unhappy, hurt, sad or upset when using digital technology.
- Talk about the netiquette rules and explain that it’s important to use these rules when being online or communicating digitally.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson