Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Supporting The Community (Why Community Support Matters)
When shops, libraries, leisure centres and village halls close down around the UK, there is usually local outcry with either a petition to save them or formal complaints that nobody knew this was going to happen. The truth of the matter is, if we don’t use it, we lose it! Council cost-cutting exercises, play a large part in the decision to axe community amenities however, if we actively and regularly support our community, it will be seen to be a thriving and integral part of life in our cities, towns and villages.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How people currently support our community and how we could support it more.
- The benefits we get from being in and supporting a community – belonging, success, resources, self-esteem, well-being, self-satisfaction, value and self-worth.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Find out together what’s going on in and around your community, add some dates to your diary to attend these activities with the family.
- Supporting the community brings a wealth of benefits to our health and well-being and that of others too.
- It’s a chance for the family to be active and meet new people and a way of showing your children that you care about where you live.
- This may then help future generations to appreciate what they have and encourage them to try and protect and care more about their surroundings.
- Modelling that we care and support our community may make us proud of where we live and help to lower crime and anti-social behaviour in the area.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson