Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Stress (What Might Cause Stress)
Stress seems to be a condition that many of us feel in our everyday lives today. In fact, in a 2018 UK survey, 74% of us said that we had felt overwhelming stress in our lives. There are many different causes and reasons for why we get stressed and some of these stresses may end up having an effect on our families and children. Understanding what stress is and why this can occur is important if children are to recognise it, help with it and know when to get help if it’s affecting them or their families and friends.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How stress is a response that living things have to a condition in the environment. It’s the body’s way of reacting to a threat, challenge or barrier and it usually changes the living thing’s environment. If the living thing finds this change difficult then stress is caused.
- The reasons why we might feel stressed and why adults in our lives may feel stressed for example, homework problems, bills to pay or illness.
- How people react to stress in different ways for instance they may shout, withdraw, give up, take tablets or smoke more.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about the responsibilities that you have as an adult to look after the family and home.
- Explain that sometimes there are problems or worries about different things and that sometimes these are easily solved but at other times they may cause stress.
- Talk about how you cope with stress and how others in the family can help you.
- Think about how you deal with stress and whether this may be affecting your child or family and talk about this or get help if you need it.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson