Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Saving Money (Budgeting-Why Saving Money Is Important)
The ‘Money Advice Service’ believes that we should have at least 3 months’ outgoings in our savings or bank accounts in case we have to cover an emergency or unexpected expense. However, it has been discovered that 1 in 3 people in the UK have less than £1,500 in their banks and that 15% of us have no savings at all! Encouraging our children to save money is difficult if we aren’t in the habit of saving but it’s definitely an important life lesson.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- What we might do with any pocket money that we may receive.
- An occasion where we have saved for something and the sense of achievement we felt when we reached our goal.
- Saving money and budgeting is important to avoid getting into debt.
- How keeping track of what we’re saving and spending helps us to get used to budgeting for our future.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Discuss why you give them pocket money and how they could earn a little more by taking on more tasks.
- Encourage them to save a portion of this money and the ways that they can save.
- Discuss how we need money in life to live – to eat, keep warm and clothe ourselves.
- Talk to your child about expenses that you have to pay for regularly and how you pay for these.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson