Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Road Safety (Staying Safe Near Roads)
It’s never too early to teach your child about road safety. Whether you’re walking to school together, popping to the shops in the car or watching the traffic from the bus, you can talk about what you see around you on the roads.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- What a ‘lollipop person’ or School Patrol Crossing Officer is and how they’re dressed.
- What a ‘lollipop person’ does and that they usually carry a lollipop sign saying, ‘Stop! Children’.
- Where a ‘lollipop person’ might be seen on the roads for example, near a zebra crossing.
- When it’s safe to cross at different types of crossing like a pelican crossing and what they might see or hear such as a green man sign or loud beeps.
- Crossing the road between parked cars isn’t safe.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Hold your child’s hand when you’re walking near roads to keep them and drivers safe.
- Teach your child how to Look left, Look right, Look left and right again and to listen whilst they cross roads.
- Talk about the different types of crossings that exist like pelican, zebra and toucan and what they look like.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Remind your child not to run across the road when they cross.
- Teach them to get off their bike or scooter before they cross.
- Model good road safety, wait for the green man at crossings and don’t cross between parked cars.
- Have reflective bands or stickers on their coats so they can be seen in the dark and explain why they must hold your hand and be on the inside of the pavement when they’re walking on/near roads.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson