Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Respecting Others/Boundaries/Beliefs (Respecting Religion, Belief And Opinion)
Understanding other religions isn’t always easy and that’s why it’s important to find out about faiths and beliefs from reliable and trusted sources rather than listen to hearsay. Respecting differences and allowing others to practise their faith is also important however, some practices and procedures, such as arranged marriages or female genital mutilation are illegal in this country. Protecting those we know who are subject to these practices is our responsibility, just as we would protect those who are victims of all criminal acts.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How our society reflects differences in relationships and families, marriage, work/home life, race, sex, gender identity, religion, disability, opinions and views, appearance and age and that these deserve our respect and understanding.
- How to respectfully express our views and opinions.
- Some religions and beliefs may involve practices which harm or impact on the rights of others and that it’s the right thing to do to talk to a trusted adult about this.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Remind your child that speaking detrimentally about others or stereotyping individuals isn’t showing respect.
- Model your tolerance and acceptance of others and remind your child that having a view or opinion is ok as long as we’re not causing offence or upset to others.
- Talk about differences within our society and how this makes our communities diverse, interesting and vibrant.
- Encourage your child to talk about their feelings about religious practices and procedures that you or your family may follow and encourage your child to talk to trusted adults about their feelings if they’re worried or feeling upset.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson