Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Resilience (Why Persistence Can Be Positive)
Learning to be resilient, understanding that we may have to work hard to achieve what we want and not giving up at the first hurdle is a skill that we need in all walks of life. Teaching our children this quality is important, to show that we can cope with everyday tasks, that we can see a project through to the end and that we’re determined to persist. Employers today look for those who have resilience knowing that they’re likely to be reliable, responsible and committed.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Scenarios where resilience can be shown for example, if we’re finding some schoolwork difficult yet everyone around us seems to be working on it and finding it easy.
- How resilience could help turn difficulties or challenges into a more positive experience.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Explain that showing determination and the will to persist with challenges shows resilience.
- Success needs to be worked at and not all achievements are easy.
- Give examples where you have had to show resilience and persistence and how this paid off.
- Ask whether they feel that they have resilience or is it something they need to work on?
- Talk about what we might learn from setbacks on the way and how this can improve our chances of success.
- Also, discuss when persistence is not appropriate, eg. Continuing to ask to be team Captain when there is already one in place.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson