Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Relationships With Others (Different Types Of Relationships)
Relationships amongst people have changed over time. Marriage, civil partnership, step-parents and same sex relationships make up the community we live in and the world that our children come from. School is a community and talking to our children about families that may be different from our own will help them to accept and understand the families they meet at school.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How a relationship is the way two or more people are connected.
- That there are different kinds of relationships for example, brother and sister, husband and wife and husband and husband…..
- Love and respect is part of a good, healthy relationship.
- All relationships are different and that some are committed by marriage, civil partnership or mutual agreement.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child about the types of relationships that you have for example, mother and daughter and brother and sister.
- Talk about the relationships that your child has in the family for example, brother and sister, father and son.
- Share some of the times when you’ve experienced a loving, healthy relationship with a partner, for example, how they have looked after you when you were feeling unwell.
- Talk to your child about different types of relationships that exist and that not all families may be made up in the same way.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talking about what relationships are and what they mean to us is a good place to start.
- Knowing that love and respect for one another are the key ingredients to making healthy relationships is important.
- Help your child to understand that family dynamics are all different and talk about what the differences might be compared to your own family.
- Show your child that you welcome differences and as long as the relationship is respectful and loving, that is all that’s important.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson