Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Screen Time (How Screen Time Can Affect Our Health and Relationships)
Our children are subjected to a technological era from a very early age, they learn to master computer games, phones, tv controls,tablets, ipads etc. There’s no doubt that technology can be interesting, exciting and informative however, too much screen time can cause problems – limiting social skills and imagination, damaging effects to posture, eyes and hands and being inactive for long periods of time may add to our obesity epidemic.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Look at the amount of time you and your family spend on screens and devices.
- Does this compare favourably to the amount of time that you spend outdoors or being active?
- Talk with your family about how you could have a day or times in the day when screens are switched off and talk about the benefits of doing other things instead of staring at a screen.
- Make a family timeline to show you how much time you’re spending on screens and calculate this over the day or week.
- Could you reduce screen time in any way and substitute it with more beneficial activities.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson