Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
It’s Ok Not To Be Ok (What It’s Like To Feeling ‘Okay’)
Every day is different and yesterday we may have been smiling, laughing and happy. The next day, circumstances may have changed and we may now be feeling worry, tension or upset. We learn to accept that feeling ‘ok’ is fine but we might not be feeling ‘over the moon’ every day. Equally, knowing it’s ok not to be ok at times, is a normal feeling.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How we’re feeling and what it’s like not to feel ok.
- Why we may not be feeling ok for example loneliness, problems with friends, loss of someone close.
- Teasing and bullying is never acceptable because it make us feel bad.
- Different scenarios which may make us feel sad and learned how we might deal with these to make us feel better.
- What we can do to feel better like talk to someone we trust or take deep breaths to calm down.
- Know that feeling just ‘ok’ some of the time is a normal feeling.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child regularly about how they’re feeling and know it’s fine to say if they’re not feeling ok.
- Share some of the times with your child when you’ve not felt ok and what you’ve done about it to make you feel better.
- Talk to your child about what they can do if they’re feeling sad at school or at home and who they can talk to about this.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Explain to your child that there will be times when they do feel just ‘ok’ and that’s normal for everyone.
- To feel ‘not ok’ is also a normal feeling that everyone has but if the feeling seems to be lasting for a while or they can’t see how to change it, they should talk to someone they trustto get some support and help.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson