Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Getting Your Sleep (Sleep Helps Us)
Sleep helps our bodies and minds rest and recuperate after a busy day. It allows our bodies time to heal, repair, grow and prepares us to face the next day, refreshed and ready to go. We often know if we’re feeling tired or we’ve not had enough sleep and how this may affect us. Making sure that we adopt good bedtime routines and that our sleep environment encourages and helps us to fall and stay asleep is essential to a good night’s rest.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- What sleep is, why it’s important to sleep and how it affects our physical development.
- How much sleep we’re getting and whether we need to change our habits or routines to improve our sleep.
- How to promote good sleeping habits and how sleep can be affected by noise, screen technology, hunger and temperature.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child about how they prepare to go to sleep, perhaps by reading a book or by having a warm bath and the times that they fall asleep and wake up.
- Talk together about the amount of sleep they’re getting and whether they need to improve this.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk about how sleep is divided into light and deep sleep and how different people need varying amounts of sleep but that the usual night’s sleep is around 8 hours.
- Ask your child if they sleep well and if not, what is causing them to stay awake or wake up in the night.
- Talk about the best routines to help you fall asleep and whether playing computer games or watching a screen before you go to sleep is a good idea.
- Talk about the ‘blue light’ that comes from screens and how this affects our ability to fall asleep.
- How can you and your family get better quality sleep if you discover that something is causing you to sleep poorly?
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson