Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Feeling Anxious (What Can Make Us Feel Anxious?)
Being aware of our feelings and being able to control and deal with them is a fundamental part of everyday life. Children need to understand that different emotions/feelings are normal and others feel them too. They should be aware that these unwanted feelings will pass and should talk about their feelings to their trusted person.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Ask your child if they can explain what anxiety is and what it feels like.
- Ask your child if they’ve ever experienced a situation where they’ve felt anxious.
- Ask your child if they’ve any worries or anxieties and try to help them with these.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Tell them about instances when you have felt anxious, what it felt like and how you coped with it.
- Explain that feeling anxious on occasions is quite normal and we all experience it from time to time.
- If you know your child’s trigger situations, try to support them with their anxiety, be patient and talk them calmly through the situation to determine what it is that they’re anxious about.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson