Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Body Language And Communication (Non-Verbal Communication And Its Importance)
Communication is made up of three main elements: spoken words, tone of voice and body language. Research tells us that the impact of these elements when communicating are words, 7%, tone of voice, 38%, and body language, 55%! Non-verbal communication therefore, is more important than we might think when we communicate with each other!
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Forms of communication that don’t involve speech and how to understand their meanings for example, beckoning to someone or using a gesture to tell someone to sit down.
- Knowing the difference between ‘open’ and ‘closed’ questions and to practise using these to communicate.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Practise using ‘open’ and ‘closed’ questions with your child.
- An example of an ‘open’ question would be, ‘Would you like sandwiches tomorrow? (SImple yes or no answer) and a ‘closed’ question would be ‘What would you like in your sandwiches tomorrow? (a more detailed answer).
- If you find that they have particular difficulty with interpreting body language and facial expressions, work with them so they understand perhaps by using flashcards.
- Sometimes we use body language or non-verbal communication in certain situations like when we’re playing sport.
- Can your child understand what their team mates are saying to them?
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson