Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Power Of Negotiation (When We Might Use Negotiation)
We learn from an early age that persuasion and negotiation may help when we want something. We also learn that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t! The art of negotiation has to be learned and practised but also knowing when there is room for negotiation or that it’s pointless or inappropriate to try, is also a skill in itself!
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- That negotiation is a dialogue between two or more people with the intention of reaching a beneficial outcome over one or more issues where there is a conflict or disagreement.
- When and where negotiation might be useful for example, when buying a house, agreeing a time to come home after a party etc.
- What we need to consider when negotiating with others, tone of voice, respecting feelings, is the negotiation realistic? beliefs, customs and religion.
- What we might do if our negotiations fail.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Discuss whether it’s possible to negotiate everything.
- Remind your child that sometimes there will be no choice or use of negotiation and sometimes a decision is final.
- Model how to negotiate fairly, respectfully and appropriately with others to show your child how negotiation is achieved.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson