Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Personal Goal Setting (How To Set Achievable Personal Goals)
Some personal goals may be easy to set and achieve, some may create challenges or even be unrealistic. Teaching our children the importance of setting achievable personal goals will motivate them to persevere. Realistic goals help to prevent disappointment, enabling them to cope when these goals are unattainable.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How setting SMART goals will ensure that the goals that we’re setting are realistic.
- SMART goals should be SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ACHIEVABLE, RELEVANT and TIME related.
- The importance of considering that there may be challenges or barriers involved in personal goal setting.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Determination, willpower and perseverance are important when reaching personal goals, being determined prepares them for life’s challenges.
- Explain that everybody experiences setbacks but commitment will get you closer to your goal.
- Use SMART goals and keep them sensible and realistic, don’t forget to encourage them if they experience disappointment and celebrate success however small.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson