Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Pensions (Why A Pension Is Important)
With one in three of us having to rely on the State Pension when we retire, our children need to know the urgency of beginning to save for old age well. Being prepared to save money on a regular basis to boost their State Pension may help them to live a better quality of retired life and prevent them from getting into difficulty in their old age.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- A pension is money that is paid to us every month when we retire from work. It is paid to us from the time we retire until we die. We contribute to our pension from our earnings throughout our working life.
- What a State Pension is and that other types of pension exist like a private pension.
- When we retire, we may no longer receive a salary and so a pension gives us an income to live on.
- That people retire at different ages.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Ask your child about what they understand about pensions and how they work.
- Talk to them about family members who may be retired and living on a pension and how they manage with the money that they receive.
- Talk about the ages at which people retire and how some can afford to retire earlier because they may have saved additional money from their earnings to provide for their retirement so they can afford to stop working sooner.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson