Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Navigation (How We Find Our Way To Unfamiliar Places)
Navigation over the years has become much easier for all of us with the age of technology. Some of us still use maps and compasses to help us find our way to unfamiliar destinations but we’re more likely now to use Apps on our phones or a SatNav in the car.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Show your child how to use a map and a compass to find their way around.
- Involve your child in programming the SatNav or App to find a place or address that you’re going to.
- Check that they know the 4 main points of the compass.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Encouraging your child to join an organisation like Brownies or Beavers helps them to consider their surroundings, find out where they are and where they’re going to and as they get older they’re taught how to use maps and compasses and other navigation tools to find their way on routes that they’re travelling to with a group.
- Ask your child if they can tell you how to get back home from places that they visit or ask them if they know the way to get to a destination that you usually travel to.
- Encourage them to look at any landmarks and remember the routes you take to improve their navigation skills.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson