Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
My Body, Your Body (Inside My Body)
This lesson focuses on the skeleton and why we need it. It looks at how we can keep our bodies fit and healthy and how we can look after our bones. It looks at naming and locating major organs in the body and who we can talk to if we are worried about our health.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Jobs that their skeleton does (provides body support, protects internal organs and helps us to move).
- The importance of eating the right nutrients and food to keep our bones and bodies fit and healthy.
- Where the main organs are in their bodies and the names of these organs.
- Who they can talk to if they are worried about their body or their health.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child about what they have learned about the body.
- Talk about what the different organs in our body do and how we can look after them.
- Ask your child if they know who they can talk to if they are worried about their health.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Learning together about the body and vital organs in the body gives you the opportunity to talk about where these are located and what their function is.
- Look at how important the organs are and what you can do to keep these organs fit and healthy.
- Discuss things like smoking and drinking which may damage vital organs and remind them to talk to someone they trust if they need help or advice about their body or their health.
- Giving reassurance that there is someone to talk to as they grow up and begin to change will give your child confidence and information to help them understand what happens to everyone.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson