Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
My Body Changes (Building Boys)
Male and female bodies change as they mature, this is a normal cycle of change and may bring other challenges such as mood swings and changing emotions. As a parent it is an important time to support and reassure your child that they are not alone. Encourage them to ask questions and be sensitive with your replies.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Obvious external changes that happen to a boy’s body as he grows into a man.
- Less obvious changes that happen to a boy’s body as he grows into a man including erections, wet dreams and the need for more personal hygiene.
- How the male body changes to prepare it for reproduction.
- How the male sperm cell fertilises the female egg cell in order for an embryo to be created.
- The responsibilities of parenthood and how a loving and caring partnership is needed in order to care for and support any offspring they might have.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk together about body changes and how this is normal for everyone.
- Talk about any experiences or changes that you may have gone through when growing up.
- Ask your child if they have any questions about what they have been learning in school.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Discuss how changes occur in both boys and girls to prepare their bodies for reproduction.
- Talk about the responsibilities of parenthood and the considerations that need to be made before having children.
- Have chats about puberty and growing up, perhaps share some of your experiences.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson