Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
My Body Belongs To Me (It Belongs To Me)
This lesson focuses on knowing where the ‘private parts’ of the body are. It talks about them usually being covered with underwear. It talks about the names of specific ‘private parts’ to ensure that they use accurate vocabulary and are not confused with family names used. Their body belongs to them, they should know they can talk about any touching that they feel uncomfortable with.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Body parts that boys and girls both have and the differences between boys and girls.
- They have talked about the scientific names of ‘private parts’ eg: nipples, anus, penis, testicles, vulva, vagina and anus and where these are on the body.
- Who might need to examine or check on these ‘private parts’, why they would do this and who they would trust to do this.
- What they would say if they didn’t want their ‘private parts’ to be looked at or touched.
- Who they would talk to if they felt. uncomfortable, hurt or afraid if they were being looked at or touched in these areas.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Reinforce that there are parts of the body which are private.
- Reinforce that there might be occasions where people they trust need to examine or touch their bodies.
- Talk about who they would talk to if they were worried about their health or body.
- Talk about who they would talk to if they were afraid or uncomfortable about anyone asking to look at or touch their private parts.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about how their body belongs to them.
- Let them know they can talk to people they trust if they feel unwell or uncomfortable with anything.
- Talk to each other regularly so that they can let you know how they are feeling or any worries they may have.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson