Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
My Amazing Body (Digital Dilemmas And Difference)
This lesson continues to talk about different relationships and the main characteristics of any good relationship. It talks about developing relationships, intimacy and contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy. It also discusses who to speak to for further advice or information. Having someone you can trust and rely on to give you advice and support whenever you need it is important. The lessons teach children to think about who they can speak to if they have worries or concerns about their safety, their body or their health. It talks about organisations such as the NSPCC, the police or local GP’s that can help. The message is that they should speak out if they’re worried about anything. It discusses a variety of fictitious scenarios where safety online is compromised and looks at what to do in these types of situations.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Different relationships in society, how love, care, respect and trust are the main characteristics to any good relationship.
- Contraception and how it may prevent unwanted pregnancies.
- Situations where online relationships may prove to be problematical or potentially dangerous.
- How to deal with different scenarios which may cause them to compromise their own safety online or digitally.
- Who to talk to if they feel uncomfortable or afraid about particular contact that they have with someone online.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Encourage them to keep their computer in a place where you can easily monitor what your child is accessing online.
- Put parental controls on your computers and any digital device that your child can use. This is an important way of protecting them.
- Regularly talk to your child about what they are watching and who they are speaking to online and digitally.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Being aware of your child’s online access and contacts is vital if you are going to be able to try to keep them safe and protect them from possible harm online.
- Take an interest in what they are doing and ensure they keep their online access within easy distance so that you can help to keep them safe.
- Explain that this is to keep them safe and not spoil their fun or pry on them.
- Encourage them to talk to you if they are asked to do anything that they find uncomfortable or upsetting online and remind them not to give out personal information or arrange to meet online contacts.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson