Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
My Amazing Body (Relationships)
Learning what makes a good relationship and experiencing it first hand in a loving family, helps your child to understand how this can make us feel happy, secure and valued. Talking about how relationships may grow and develop to be more intimate and close relationships naturally leads into how human reproduction occurs and how babies are made and how unwanted pregnancies may be avoided.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- What a relationship is?
- What a good relationship looks like and why these are good for our physical and mental well-being.
- Relationships that may develop into intimate relationships with the consent of both partners.
- That they have a right to say ‘no’ if they do not want to be touched.
- Unwanted or forced touch can involve the police as it may be breaking the law.
- Human reproduction, how the penis becomes hard, enters the vagina and that the male sperm cell may fertilise the female egg cell.
- Contraception may be used to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
- Different relationships and how families or partnerships may look different to their own.
- How good relationships involve care, love, trust, respect and this can be present in any partnership or family make-up.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child about different relationships in society.
- Talk to them about human reproduction and the importance of being in a loving relationship and sharing consent for the relationship to develop further.
- Talk to your child about their own family and relationships.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Be open and honest with your child, reassure them that you can answer the questions that they may have about this sensitive subject.
- Talk about different relationships you know about and discuss important factors in a relationship.
- Talk about your own experiences where possible, use age appropriate books and online information about the human life cycle to inform and support the discussions with your child.
- This may seem like a tricky topic to discuss with your child but finding time to sit down together will reassure them that reproduction is a normal, natural experience.
- A loving, caring relationship underpins this life experience and this is what is important.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson