Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Medicines and Drugs (Smoking And Drinking)
The lesson talks about how some people enjoy tobacco and alcohol and the benefits that they seem to get from these substances. It also discusses the risks and consequences of these in terms of diseases, addiction, expense and more. It looks at how others who live around smokers or drinkers might be affected and how they might help them with this to make everyone healthier.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- The effects on our body of smoking and drinking alcohol.
- How they can avoid peer pressure to smoke or drink.
- Who they can talk to if they are worried about anyone in their group of friends or family who may be smoking or drinking and how it affects those around them.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Ask your child what they have learned about smoking and drinking.
- Ask your child what they would say if someone offered them a cigarette or alcohol.
- Talk together about the reasons why some people smoke or drink and talk together about whether these outweigh the risks and consequences.
- Talk about how smoking and drinking makes your child feel.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Think about ways that you and your child could help someone in the family or yourself reduce drinking or smoking.
- What else could you do together that might take your/their mind off smoking or drinking eg: playing sport together, going for a bike ride.
- Think about where you could get help to support you with reducing or stopping smoking and work together as a family to achieve this.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson