Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Medicines and Drugs (Medicines And How They Can Help Us)
Many children understand that medicines may help them to feel better or stop them from getting sick but we need to make sure that they know that all medicines are drugs and that they should be treated with respect. Teaching children about this, where to store these safely and who should be giving them medicines sets a good role model.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How medicines and tablets may look very like sweets or juices.
- Why it is important for adults to give children medicines, they know how much to give and how often.
- What to do if they swallow tablets or medicines that are not for them.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Keep medicines and tablets away from all children.
- Talk about any medicines that you may need urgently eg: insulin or Epipen and, make sure that they know where you keep these if they need to call for help or get these for you.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about medication that you may take and why.
- Explain that these may look like sweets but would be dangerous if they or anyone else took them.
- Talk about why you give them medicines and that you administer them.
- Discuss what they should do if they have swallowed something that they know they shouldn’t have.
- Tell them to tell an adult straight away what it is that they have taken.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson