Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Learning (Learning After Leaving School)
Talking to your child about what they think they might like to do when they leave school at this age can be invaluable. It starts them thinking about the choices that they might need to make, from which secondary school they might want to go to, to which subjects they’re interested in. It also gives parents a ‘heads up’ on the information that they’ll need to collect to help their child with their choices.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- At what age they will leave school, (16) where they can continue learning after this like go to sixth form college, complete work-based learning or take up part-time education or accredited training until we’re 18.
- What we might like to do after school leaving age and to understand that it’s important to choose the right course.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Discuss the options that are available after school leaving age.
- Ensure that they understand they’re expected to stay in education until 18, talk about available options and what style of learning might suit your child.
- Look into the subjects on offer at prospective secondary schools and talk about what might be of interest to your child.
- Discuss their strengths with them, giving them the reassurance that you’re there for them and that you’ll support them.
- Talk about how you can help them with areas of learning that they find difficult for example, by asking a friend to give them some support with particular subjects or by asking their teacher how you can specifically help them.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson