Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Keeping My Body The Same (Protecting My Body)
Having someone you can trust and rely on to give you advice and support whenever you need it is important. The lessons teach children to think about who they can speak to if they have worries or concerns about their safety, their body or their health. It talks about organisations such as the NSPCC, the police or local GP that can help. The message is that they should speak out if they’re worried about anything they think could happen to them or others they know.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- That their body belongs to them.
- How it is important to say ‘no’ to unwanted touch or unwanted body changes.
- Recognising that some procedures or practices may take place in some families or cultures and that these can be harmful to physical or mental health.
- How it is illegal in the UK to carry out or help with FGM.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about how other countries may practise some traditions that are illegal in the UK.
- Discuss with them why it is illegal and why FGM is harmful and dangerous.
- Discuss that this may happen secretly in the UK because it is illegal and what to do if they know anyone who is in danger of being harmed in this way.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson