Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Keeping My Body Safe (Body Boundaries)
Encouraging your child to use the correct vocabulary and being able to locate where their ‘private parts’ are is what this topic is all about. Knowing and understanding the message behind the NSPCC ‘PANTS’ rule is also helpful, this will help them to know what they should do or say if they are uncomfortable or afraid.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- The NSPCC ‘PANTS’ rules and what they mean and remind them to think about.
- Names of ‘private parts’ including penis, testicles, vulva, vagina, anus and nipples and where these are.
- That there are special circumstances when touching is okay but that nobody should touch them anywhere if they do not want to be touched.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Talk to your child about the NSPCC ‘PANTS’ rules and look at the NSPCC website together (https://www.nspcc.org.uk) to find out more about keeping their body safe.
- Talk about why ‘private parts’ are called this and that these are usually kept covered or away from public view.
- Talk about how touch can feel nice like hugs, squeezes or a kiss even but sometimes touch may feel uncomfortable, it may hurt or make you feel afraid or unhappy.
- Talk with your child about who they feel safe with and who they would talk to if they wanted help.
- Discuss with them that any touch that is unwanted, whether it is from someone they know well or not, needs to be stopped and that there are ways that they can do this.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson