Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Junk Food (What Is In Junk Food And What Is Type 2 Diabetes?)
We’ve learned how eating excessive amounts of junk food in our diet can affect our health and the diseases or conditions this can cause. The high level of fats, salt and sugars in these foods don’t give us the balanced diet that our bodies need. Type 2 diabetes is often linked to the types of food being eaten, being overweight and inactivity. It’s a condition that can affect your everyday life and we need to educate future generations if we’re to control this lifelong condition.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Remind your child about the nutrients that our bodies need to work properly.
- Look at some of the foods that offer these nutrients and read packaging on fast food or processed items to note the amount of fat, sugars and salt that are inside.
- Talk about what excessive amounts of fat, salt and sugar do to our bodies and, as a family, talk about planning healthier meals with maybe occasional meals that are from your less healthy choices.
- Talk about Type 2 diabetes and its effects on the body and how you might manage this lifelong condition.
- Talk about how this condition may be reversed if a diet is changed in time.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson