Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Junk Food (How Junk Food Can Affect Our Health)
Understanding the difference between healthy eating and junk food is important for us and our children. There is so much fast/junk food to choose from so it is important for our children to Know why junk food isn’t healthy for our bodies and that it should only ever be an occasional meal.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Recognising and naming foods which are considered to be junk food- Junk food is food which is quick and easy to eat like sweets, fried foods, processed food and more.
- How junk food may be eaten occasionally and in moderation but a healthy, balanced diet is important.
- That junk food often does not contain the right balance of nutrients and it is often high in sugar, salt and fats.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Look at your weekly shopping list and see which foods you might be able to cut out because they’re high in sugar, salt or fat.
- Talk to your children about healthier choices when you eat out or order takeaway food.
- Try to cut down on the amount of junk or fast food that you and your family eat and if planning meals for the week ahead helps, plan a menu together that all the family will enjoy.
- Enjoy occasional ‘treats’ but balance these well with a healthy diet for you and your family.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson