Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
How To Write A CV (What To Include In A CV)
It’s tempting to put as much as you can into your CV to tell a prospective employer all about you. In fact, many employers nowadays prefer a maximum of two pages (A4) that is precise and to the point about your education, employment history and what you’re like as a person. Any more than this and you may risk losing their interest and not being considered. What to include and what to omit is vital if we’re to stand a chance of getting that job that we really want!
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Which details to include and not to include on a CV.
- We may need to adapt or change our CV if we find that we’re not getting job or interview offers.
- Knowing what a Personal Statement is and why employers like to look at these when we apply for a job.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Encourage your child to write down the achievements, awards and qualities that they possess.
- Talk about the things that they may not want to include like playing football if they only played it once and decided they didn’t want to be in the club any longer.
- Show them your CV, if you have one, and ask them to read it with you and talk about the things that they didn’t know you had achieved or been involved in.
- Let them help you to write an up-to-date CV showing your achievements, awards, work history and experiences.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson