Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Growth Mindset (What Growth Mindset Is And Its Importance)
Sometimes it’s difficult for us to accept mistakes that we make. Closing our minds down and thinking that we’re never going to achieve something we want or feeling that we shouldn’t try new opportunities in case we fail, can prevent us from persevering and learning. Children experience this from a young age and it’s up to us to encourage them to think differently.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- What growth mindset is and understand that it’s all about practising and learning as we go along and problem-solving in the face of challenge.
- To know that having a growth mindset makes us become better at what we do, it helps us deal with mistakes and failure better and encourages us to try new and different things in life.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child about facing challenges and about the challenges you’ve faced and overcome.
- Talk to your child about challenges or difficulties you may be facing and how you may deal with these.
- Remind your child that we learn by making mistakes and that everyone experiences this.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Helping your child to build resilience and giving them the courage and confidence to make mistakes will help them face and accept mistakes and failure better.
- Show them that you also make mistakes and learnt from them.
- Explain to them that having an open mind helps you learn more and it opens up different opportunities in life if you’re willing to take that leap and keep learning.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson