Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Forest Survival (Checklist For Forest Survival)
There are a wealth of opportunities available to experience camping out, den building and woodland activities with different organisations in our forests and woodlands. Children usually love this type of activity, if they can go along with friends and family members, everyone gets to experience the great outdoors and spend some quality time with each other. We’ve been looking at what we might need to take if we were camping out in the forest.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Look out for opportunities where you and/or your child can experience living outdoors overnight or camping out with a group or organisation.
- Encourage your child to join the Beavers or Brownies and experience outdoor living and experiences.
- Talk together about what is important for survival in challenging situations for instance, appropriate clothing, water, food, attitude and more.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Work with your child in making a list of things they will need for an overnight stay in the woods and encourage them to pack their bag so that they see what they’re taking and know why.
- If your family enjoys camping holidays, encourage your child to get involved with a packing list and the preparation.
- Involve them in putting up a tent, building a campfire safely, and leaving the site as you found it.
- Encourage them to be active and positive in their surroundings by talking about what you can see, hear and smell in the environment.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson