Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Food Safety And What Not To Eat (What To Do If Dangerous Foods Are Eaten/Drunk)
From time to time we may find that we‘ve eaten something that has not agreed with us or may be out of date. The symptoms may be a tummy upset and sickness. Some things may be more dangerous and cause greater problems – certain foods, alcohol, medicine or chemicals, please discuss these with your children.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- A variety of foods which might be dangerous or in stages of decay like tablets and mouldy bread.
- That there may be some foods that are unsafe for us to eat.
- Who they could call in an emergency (999).
- Who to ask for health advice (111) if we or someone we know feels ill after having swallowed or eaten unsafe food or medicines.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Show your child what mouldy bread, cheese and other decaying foods look like before throwing them away.
- Remind your child to bring their water bottle and sandwich box home from school so that it’s washed after use every day to stop mould and bacteria from growing.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- We won’t usually need medical advice if we have eaten or drunk something that we know is out of date or decaying, however, knowing what to do when a dangerous substance has been consumed or an allergy occurs, is important.
- Knowing the correct number to call, their name, address/phone and DOB could be vital in an emergency.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson