Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Food Safety And What Not To Eat (Dangerous Foods And Expiry Dates)
Most of our food is bought from supermarkets these days and it usually comes with ‘sell buy’ or ‘eat by’ dates. We can usually recognize from sight or smell what’s not good to eat has ‘gone off’ but we need to teach our children about this so that what they are eating is always safe.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Medicines and tablets and how dangerous these can be if we take them without an adult knowing.
- Where ‘sell by’ and ‘use by’ dates are found on a range of common foods like yoghurts.
- How to read these dates and know what these dates mean.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Keep medicines, dangerous foods, alcoholic and energy drinks away from children.
- Involve your child in checking ‘sell by’ and ‘use by’ dates when we go shopping.
- Encourage your child to check foods for valid expiry dates before they eat them.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Children need to understand the danger of medications that are not for them, they may sometimes look tempting but should never be taken unless given by parents/carers.
- Look at ‘eat by’ dates on foods, this may also help them with months and years.
- By showing them some gone off food and letting them smell the difference may help in keeping them safe.
- Your responsibility as a parent is to keep medication, alcohol, cleaning products out of reach of your children.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson