Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
First Aid/CPR (How To Help With Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation CPR)
Sometimes Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation or CPR is required to assist a patient who has stopped breathing. Knowing how help in an emergency situation using advice from a first aider or 999 call operator, may save somebody’s life. Giving chest compressions when someone has stopped breathing until they show signs of breathing or coming round on their own, is better than doing nothing at all. Children may be able to help with this if they’ve previously discussed the procedure involved.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How to check whether a patient is breathing and how to loosen neck clothing.
- How to tilt a patient’s chin back, pinch their nose and blow into their mouths, sometimes called ‘rescue breaths’.
- How to press the chest correctly to attempt to restart breathing.
- How to call the emergency services for help and give accurate information.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Watch age-appropriate video clips together to learn how to help someone start breathing if they’ve stopped (never practise on each other if you’re able to breathe unaided and you’re not in an emergency situation).
- Tell your child where the first aid kit is so that they can access plasters, bandages, dressings and tapes but be sure never to leave tablets or medication in the first aid boxes.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Joining a local organisation like the Red Cross or St John’s Ambulance could help you and your child learn more about how to help others in the event of an accident or emergency.
- Talk calmly to your child when an accident or injury has occurred while you treat the patient, this will reassure your child and give them confidence.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson