Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
First Aid/CPR (Helping The Injured)
Accidents do happen and assessing the situation so that we can help is important. Keeping yourself safe is the most important thing to remember, know how to treat any injuries and pass on information to Emergency services.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How to quickly assess the seriousness of an injury for example, a cut knee, a headache, a bleeding head wound or unconsciousness.
- How to quickly assess that they’re going to be safe themselves to help the injured person for example, they’re not standing in the road.
- How to check:
- A – Airways are clear and how to loosen neck clothing etc.
- B – Breathing, listening out for breaths and watching chest movements.
- C – Circulation, to check for bleeding wounds and cover these to reduce the bleeding.
- How to place patients in a recovery position if possible or necessary.
- How to call the emergency services for help and give accurate information.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- It is important that your children know their full name, address and telephone number so they can give accurate information to emergency services, perhaps practising a pretend 999 call together, reminding them that the number is just for emergencies, will reassure them that they can still get help if they feel that they can’t assist the injured person themselves.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson