Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Feeling Sad (How Sadness Can Help Us Help Ourselves)
We don’t tend to think about sadness helping us or being a positive emotion in any way when we’re feeling low. Thinking about how this emotion can actually improve our health and well-being is looking at it in a different light and we need to share this notion with children so that they can see how sadness may be helpful to us.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Share what sadness feels like together and think about the times when you may have felt sad.
- If we look at sadness in a positive way we might be able to see that it’s a way of telling us that we need to do or change something so that we begin to feel better.
- It may be a warning to us that we need to improve areas of our life.
- If your child feels sad about the loss of a loved one or pet for instance, talk about how this may be a way of telling them that they need to do something to remember them and the good times they spent together like talk about them with others who knew them or look at photos of them that make them feel happier.
- Seeing sadness as a signpost for change and reflection in our lives is how we can turn this negative emotion into a more positive experience.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson