Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Feeling Sad (How Sadness Makes Us Feel)
We all feel sad sometimes, this is a common emotion that we feel for a variety of different reasons. Feeling sad on occasions is normal and your child needs to understand that this is a common feeling that everyone experiences. They should know however, that feeling sad for long periods of time isn’t healthy. Let them know that they can always talk when they are feeling sad.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Recognising a variety of everyday emotions that we feel.
- Understanding what sadness is and what might make us feel this way.
- What could make us sad.
- Knowing there is a difference between sadness and depression, which tends to last longer and may need different help.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Remind your child that sadness is a normal feeling but that feeling sad a lot of the time isn’t healthy.
- Talk to your child about who they can talk to if they’re feeling sad.
- Ask your child if there’s anything that’s making them feel sad at the moment.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Chatting regularly with your child will help you determine how they are feeling.
- Reassure them that a variety of emotions are normal and we all experience different feelings at different times.
- If your child is unhappy or sad, try to find out what’s causing this sadness and if they’re unwilling to tell you, perhaps they would find it easier to write it down or talk to someone else they trust.
- If there is any known depression in the family, maybe explain a little about what it may feel like to your child.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson