Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Emergency Services (An Emergency And Getting Help)
This lesson explains what an emergency might look like and how we can get help if we need it. Being able to assess and distinguish minor injuries from emergencies is helpful in determining whether 999 should be called;
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Wow we can deal with some minor injuries ourselves without calling for the emergency services.
- How important it is to know our full names, addresses and telephone numbers so that we can give accurate information to others in an emergency so they can come quickly to help us.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Help your child to learn their full name, address and telephone number and regularly check that they know these.
- Talk about how 111 could be called for non-emergency health advice and 101 for non-emergency police advice and display these numbers where they can find them if they need them like on the fridge door.
- Practise a pretend emergency phone call with your child regularly.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- It is important to have a conversation with your child about only calling 999 in an emergency, never as a joke or to practise an emergency call.
- Discuss any serious health conditions that makes you or a family member reliant on medication, make sure the name of the medication is displayed where the child can read it out in an emergency.
- Explain what they should do if a family member needs this medication in an emergency.
- If they don’t know what to do in an emergency it’s always safer to call 999.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson