Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Drugs, Alcohol And Smoking (Drugs And Our Health)
Knowing that tobacco and alcohol are drugs and are highly addictive allows pupils to understand that, whilst these are on general sale, these may still cause health problems and danger to our bodies and lives. Understanding the risks and consequences far outweigh the ‘benefits’ of using substances and knowing some of the side effects to using these, empowers your child to make their own sensible decisions. Looking at some of the names of common drugs and how these affect our body is important so that they know the risks involved with these. Knowing where to get help is also very important.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How drugs can have highly damaging effects on the body and that they may cause long-term effects to our health.
- How to make sensible decisions and to keep themselves safe around drugs.
- Who to speak to if they need advice or support about drugs or living with drug use.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Ask your child what they know about drugs.
- Ask them if they have ever been offered anything and talk about what they might do or say if this happens.
- Talk to them about what to say if someone offers them money to do a job or delivery for them.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Raising awareness of drugs and what they do to our bodies and our general health empowers children and gives them the knowledge and confidence to make sensible decisions for themselves.
- It is important to teach them that it is their choice in the end whether they give in to peer pressure.
- If they understand the facts about drugs and substance use, they can make an informed decision for themselves.
- Understanding that peer pressure or requests from friends or acquaintances to carry out deliveries or ‘jobs’ may result in them getting into trouble with the police is also important to raise awareness of county line drug taking/dealing.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson