Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Dealing With Loss (Coping With Loss)
Sadly It’s a fact of life that we will all lose a loved one at some stage in our life. Statistics show that in every classroom, 1 child aged between 5 and 16 years of age, will experience the death of a relative or sibling. Death is often seen as a difficult subject to discuss but by being more open may help our children to make more sense of this inevitable event.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How we all grow close to other people or animals in our lives.
- The circle of life and how eventually we and those around us will pass away whilst others are being born into the world.
- Knowing that we all deal with loss in different ways, Some people will cry, some withdraw, some talk about a loved one a lot, and some keep special souvenirs to help remember them, for example.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Finding age appropriate books about loss to read to your child may introduce the subject sensitively.
- Talking about the feelings of characters in the stories and relating them to family situations may become easier this way.
- Watch The Lion King film together and talk about how there is a circle of life and that being born and dying is part of that natural cycle.
- Answer your child’s questions as honestly and sensitively as you can.
- Explain that dying doesn’t always happen if you’ve been ill for a long time but it is important to be able to prepare children for the event.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson