Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Communication (Why Communication Is Important)
Our community is a diverse mix of people using different ways to communicate with each other. Whether we’re using words, sign language, gestures, body language or a different language entirely, we all need to understand one another. School communities reflect this diversity and our children need to understand why communication is important.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- Different types of communication like the spoken word, writing, body language and more.
- How communication can be made between us without the use of speech for instance, by using hand gestures and texts.
- Different languages that are spoken by pupils and staff in our school and how this reflects the world we live in.
- How to use different languages to communicate with others.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Speak to your child in different languages if you can and teach them words in the languages that you know.
- Practise different types of communication with your child to check that they understand for example, putting your fingers on lips to show that you need them to stop talking or by using a beckoning gesture to bring them closer to you.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Communication through body language should not be underestimated.
- Making sure that your child understands body language, gestures and facial expressions will help them interpret social situations.
- Help them to appreciate that different languages are spoken in the UK and across the world and how they can learn to communicate by using other languages or words that they’ve learned.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson