Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Braving The Weather (Protecting Ourselves)
Keeping ourselves and others safe when faced with adverse weather conditions is important. The weather around the world is changing and it’s not uncommon for us to be basking in the sunshine one moment and then experiencing torrential rain and storms the next.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- How we should protect ourselves in hot, sunny conditions for instance, by using sun creams, wearing a hat and drinking plenty of water and why this is important for our health.
- How to prepare ourselves for when we have to go out in different weather conditions like taking water, a shovel or a blanket.
- How to help others who might find weather conditions particularly difficult like the elderly or disabled.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Explain to your child why it’s important to protect ourselves from the sun and remind them to move out of the sun when it’s at its strongest.
- Show your child how you prepare at home, outside and in the car for different weathers for instance, by gritting the pavement, buying in extra groceries, filling sandbags or putting a snow shovel in the car boot.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Regularly watching the weather forecast together to see how the weather is going to change, discussing the clothes or items you might need in accordance to the weather.
- Your child can help with necessary preparations to cope with adverse weather eg. gritting the path, delivering shopping to an elderly neighbour or filling water bottles to take out with you on a hot and sunny day.
- Being prepared and helping others is important, whatever the weather!
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson