Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
Anger – Difficult Feelings And Behaviours (Managing Anger)
It is important to understand what anger is. Knowing what makes us angry may help us to control our anger. From an early age we all feel this emotion on occasions and learning how to control and manage our reactions takes time and practice. Looking at ways that we can do this will help us at school, at home and throughout our lives. The NHS provides some good guidance on anger and how to control our anger.
What We Covered In The PSHE Lesson
Here’s what we went through today...
- What anger is.
- How anger can be positive or negative for example, if we stand up for ourselves in a situation, this can be a positive reaction but hitting out at someone because we’re angry is a negative response.
- How rules in school, at home and in life keep us safe.
- How to control our own anger.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Talk to your child about how they can control anger, overcome it and move on by avoiding trigger situations where possible Walking away from what makes us angry, taking time out, exercising, taking deep breaths and counting to ten can also help.
- Talk to your child about when you’ve felt angry and what you did to help you control those angry feelings.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- How you react when you are angry models your behaviour to your child – is it how you would want others to behave?
- What is an acceptable way to behave?
- Explaining that we all feel anger at times and that our reaction to what makes us angry is a reflection on ourselves.
- Explain that negative reactions will probably not help the situation and may make it even worse.
- Practise techniques to manage and control anger together so that they have the tools to use when the emotion takes hold.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson