Today Your Child Learned...
Dear Parent & Guardian,
We are excited to share that your child has completed the following PSHE lesson. Check out our overview and top tips to support their development...
Today’s PSHE Lesson
A Balanced Diet (How Different Food Nutrients Help Our Bodies)
Eating a healthy diet means that we’re considering the types and amounts of nutrients in the foods that we eat. Nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and vitamins and minerals play different roles in keeping our bodies working efficiently. If we eat these nutrients in the recommended daily amounts, we can help our bodies to work efficiently and to stay healthy.
How You Can Help From Home
Here’s what you can talk about during dinner...
- Ask your child if they can tell you what a healthy, balanced meal looks like.
- Ask your child if they know what the nutrients do for our bodies.
- Talk together about how healthy our diet is already and what we can do to make it healthier.
- Eat meals together as a family and try new and different foods that we can talk about.
Go Above & Beyond
Here are some other ideas to support your childs PSHE lessons...
- Ask your child to make a simple chart showing the different types of nutrients and the foods that contain them.
- Display this chart on the fridge to help all the family make the right choices.
- Try to buy fewer foods with high concentrations of sugars, salts and fats and be aware that these foods need to be eaten in moderation.
When it comes to your child’s development, teachers and parents are better together! By aligning our goals and education techniques, we can better realise our vision of positively preparing your child for their future.
Parents, Teachers and Children Everywhere Love LifeWise
(Who Can Blame Them? 😉 )
LifeWise Technologies Limited
2-4 Packhorse Road
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
England SL9 7QE
+44 7772 967544
We work directly with schools, giving them all the PSHE resources they need to prepare lessons with our 4 programmes:
200 lessons and chapters of full audio book stories of Lenny’s travels
Quiz Time to assess learning
Clear and easy Video Tutorials for Activity Time for every lesson